Please review the following Parade Rules prior to submitting your parade entry. Entrants are required to sign a form specifying that these rules have been reviewed and understood.
a. Should be a family-oriented respectable Irish theme (Sponsors may promote a single business)
b. Please do not express political, religious or any controversial views
c. Rule of Thumb- If you question the idea/theme, do not use it
2. Vehicle Registration
a. Must have current license plate
b. Must have current Insurance/Registration
3. Driver – Must have a current valid driver’s license and automobile insurance; no drinking; no cell phone while behind wheel
4. Tow & Trailer
a. Length not to exceed 50’
b. No 18-wheeler tractor trailer rigs allowed
c. Float/tow vehicles must comply with Louisiana and the City of Baton Rouge laws with respect to size/weight/height.
This is enforced by law enforcement, not The Parade Group.
d. Vehicles pulling floats must be in good running condition with ample fuel.
5. Horses are not permitted.
6. No open flames. No cooking on line-up or parade route.
7. Parade units must continue moving. No stopping/starting along the route.
8. Music - Irish music may be played along the parade route. If popular songs are played they must be the edited version with no sexual connotation.
9. Emergency - Wreckers are staged throughout the parade route to assist the smooth flow of the parade. If your vehicle/trailer breaks down, it will be pulled from the parade route. For this service you will be charged a $500 fee. We also have paramedics stationed along route. In case of medical need, reach out to one of our 70+ Parade Marshals.
1. Throws – Standard Mardi Gras throws. Make them green! Make them Irish.
a. “G” Rated throws only – no condoms/naked people necklaces/etc. There are many children along the route.
b. No logoed or imprinted throws, unless you are a Commercial* (Sponsor) entry.
c. No throwing of unopened bags of beads. Please separate your beads so they are not objects that could hurt someone.
2. Silly String is not allowed. Shooting toilet paper is not allowed.
3. Use a porta-potty! Public urinating, unlawful or other distasteful activities are grounds for parade expulsion.
4. *Throwing Commercial throws will result in a fee differential increase after the parade.
5. Trash – No throwing boxes off floats.
6. NO GLASS BOTTLES on parade route. We encourage use of plastic cups or use of koozies on cans.
7. No climbing or sitting on side rails. No hanging over the sides of a float.
8. No getting off and on the float during the parade.
Walkers are vital to the safety of the parade. They keep crowds from running into/under the floats. We need them alert and engaged.
1. Must be able to walk entire parade route.
2. Must be 18 years of age or older.
3. Walk in line with the wheels of your float, at the axles.
4. No getting off and on the float during the parade.
5. Do not drink alcohol while working as a walker.
6. Cell phones are a major distraction. We strongly discourage use during parade.
7. All floats need between 4-6 walkers per float. Four are to cover the actual float itself. Two additional should be stationed at the front wheel of the tow vehicle.
Look for our Shamrock Ratings information. All floats will be reviewed by parade marshals, parade officials in addition to cameras staged along the route. Our hope is for everyone to receive a 5Shamrock! Ratings will be emailed to Krewes.